- Numbers matching car!
- Original factory build sheet & protect-o-plate
- Full body off restoration
- 401 C.I. “LR” Code balanced nailhead V8
- Fitted with special order Gran Sport “dealer installed” dual four-barrel intake, valve covers & air cleaner
- 338 horsepower & a whopping 465 pound-feet of torque
- Dual exhaust
- Factory optioned “Super Turbine 300” automatic transmission
- Factory tachometer
- Factory boxed frame & heavy duty suspension
- Correct RRA code “flame red” paint
- Original owners manuals
One of Buick’s slogans was “When better cars are built, Buick will build them.” When it comes to the 1965 Gran Sport, they definitely lived up to their promise. The Gran Sport offered a unique combination of performance and luxury that was seldom seen in the muscle car marketplace.
This three owner car was sold new in Spokane and has lived its entire life locally and comes with the original owners manuals, protect-o-plate and original factory build sheet. Having recently undergone a full off the frame restoration to very high standards, it retains its original numbers matching “LR” code 401 “nailhead” that has been professionally rebuilt and balanced. Fitted with a hard-to-find factory Gran Sport dual-quad set-up available as a “dealer installed” option in 1965, this car now boasts 338 horsepower with a whopping 465 pound-feet of torque.
This car has it all. A great combination of an amazingly responsive engine with blistering torque and acceleration wrapped into a chassis that delivers a smooth ride and competent handling with luxury appointments and great looks. One of our favorite cars to drive, this one will definitely be missed when it is gone! SOLD!